• Increased absorbency & dissipation of moisture with added Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) that enhances moisture carrying capacity
• Increased moisture barrier strength
Approved for use over radiant heated floors
• QuietWalk® filaments are randomly air-laid creating a capillary effect to cushion the floor, absorb sound, and help make laminate floors sound more like real wood.
• Sound Transmission Class (STC) = 54
• Impact Insulation Class (IIC) = 58
• Field Impact Insulation Class (F-IIC) = 60
• When installed properly, QuietWalk® can wick sub-floor or incidental perimeter moisture and disperse it through the pad.
• Moderate amounts of moisture will eventually dissipate over time by perimeter or sub-floor evaporation, provided the source of water such as a leak is stopped.
Smoothes out minor sub-floor imperfections
• QuietWalk® is firm enough (density=13.3lbs/ft^3; compression resistance @ 25%=9.5psi) to support the overlaying floor, but flexible enough to form around sub-floor surface roughness that may otherwise cause laminate panels to “rock” or lay unevenly.
• QuietWalk® is ideally priced as a quality upgrade from polyethylene or polystyrene film and is less than 1/2 the cost of either cork or rubber underlayment with similar sound numbers.
Adds insulation value
• QuietWalk® will add an R-Value of .50 to the floor system.
Made From Recycled Materials
• QuietWalk® is a “green” product, constructed (over 95%) with postindustrial/pre-consumer fibers, materials that may otherwise have been land filled.